The Bristly canine toothbrush (also referred to as Brite Bite) makes it straightforward for canine to brush their very own tooth!
When the parents at Bristly requested if I’d be curious about reviewing their progressive new canine toothbrush toy, I jumped on the probability. The Bristly canine toothbrush is a particular chew toy that features as a toothbrush for canine.
As most of you already know, I solely evaluation merchandise that I might truly purchase for my canine. If it’s one thing that I (or my canine) don’t want or wouldn’t use, then I merely gained’t assessment it.
Who doesn’t want a bit of assist brushing their canine’s tooth??? If there’s a neater method to do it… I’m all in!
Instantly, I assumed the Bristly brushing stick sounded fascinating (and helpful) — as a result of canine tooth brushing is one factor that isn’t all that straightforward to do. I nonetheless do it with all three of my canine. However it’s not what I’d name enjoyable.
I assumed the Bristly canine toothbrush toy appeared like a FUN option to brush my canine’s tooth.
MY TIP: Simply as people brush their tooth every day, so ought to canine. It’s the identical outcome! If tooth will not be brushed recurrently… cavities seem, tooth start to rot, dangerous breath units in, and the tooth ultimately fall out. To keep away from that forestall tartar and plaque from build up, tooth ought to be brushed every day.
So I got down to attempt the Bristly brushing stick to my canine!
Right here’s what I consider the Bristly canine toothbrush…
A Little About My Canine
I’ve three canine:
- 1 senior Black Lab/Nice Pyrenees canine that’s 13 years previous
- 2 combined breed puppies that simply turned 1 yr previous
We discovered the puppies on the aspect of the street a yr in the past once we have been out motorcycling — they have been round eight weeks previous. These pups rode in my arms… in a sack… on my lap… on the again of our motorbike whereas hubby led us all on a 1-hour motorbike journey residence.
At this time, one pup is 40 lbs and the opposite is 50 lbs. Our 80 lbs senior canine doesn’t play with toys, so I knew he wouldn’t be a prepared participant in reviewing this chew toy. However the puppies will attempt any new canine toy you set in entrance of them — in order that they have been my topics for this evaluation.
Regardless that the Bristly brushing stick is promoted as a canine toothbrush, it’s nonetheless a canine toy in my thoughts. Granted, a properly-functioning one with a objective. However my canine simply assume it’s a daily ‘ol chew toy and so do I. It’s principally a canine toothbrush and a canine toy in a single — and my canine are going bonkers over it!
My Review Of The Bristly Brushing Stick aka ‘Brite Bite’
The first model of Bristly [the Brite Bite] was examined by greater than 50Okay canine. The suggestions allowed us to provide you with the present model, which has been enhanced to be completely suited to canine’ wants. We’ve examined our new model with a big group of heavy chewers, and it’s stood as much as the hardest of chewers. I’m very captivated with giving our pets a wholesome life, which is why I created this to offer our pups a protected and fulfilling tooth brushing expertise. ~Petros Dertsakyan, Inventor & Biologist
What I Like Greatest About The Bristly Dog Toothbrush…
report this advert
After watching my 2 pups chew on 2 of the Giant measurement Bristly brushing sticks for awhile now, these are the great issues that come to thoughts:
- It was designed for a canine’s means to carry issues inside their entrance paws whereas chewing — the flat-bottomed paw pads make it straightforward for canine to carry this canine toothbrush toy in place whereas they chew on it. (That is genius… it’s an excellent design!)
- The meat-flavored style and scent attracted my canine instantly — I didn’t actually odor something particular, however they did! (They proceed to love the odor and style of it to today.)
- It’s constructed to face up to heavy chewing — my canine have chewed by way of a variety of “durable” canine toys, however not this one. (I’ll submit an replace right here in the event that they ever do. Additionally they have an Excessive Chewer Bristly that I’d like to attempt sometime — as a result of I’m all the time in search of extra indestructible canine toys so as to add to my record.)
- There’s a deep groove within the middle of the Bristly canine toothbrush toy the place you’ll be able to put canine toothpaste — so regardless of the place on the Bristly the canine bites down, your canine will style the scrumptious canine toothpaste. (This encourages your canine to maintain chewing and brush longer!)
- The thick, sturdy bristles & grooves take away tartar construct-up and meals out of your canine’s tooth — all the best way right down to the gums. (Canine should love the texture of these bristles, as a result of my canine actually do repeatedly chew down on the Bristly, as if in search of one other angle the place it is going to soothe their gums.)
- Cleans each back and front tooth — relying on the place your canine bites down on it. (I really like seeing my canine always change again & forth from the entrance tooth to the again tooth.)
- It really works properly for canine of all sizes and breeds and is available in three sizes — Small (for canine 5 to 25 lbs), Medium (for canine 25 to 40 lbs), and Giant (for canine 40 to 80+ lbs).
- Manufactured from 100% pure rubber sourced from rubber tree farms around the globe, it’s barely bouncy — if the canine drops the Bristly from their mouth and it lands on the ground. (The ‘bounce factor’ truly reignites the canine’s curiosity on this toothbrush toy.)
- When you can put canine toothpaste or different spreadable treats inside and on the edges of the Bristly brushing stick, you hope the canine gained’t spend all their time merely licking it off — they usually don’t! (My canine actually do work their tooth on all angles of this canine toothbrush.)
- It solely takes 5 minutes of chewing on the Bristly every day to successfully brush your canine’s tooth — which is far quicker and simpler than manually brushing your canine’s tooth! (They advocate limiting your canine’s time spent with the Bristly brushing keep on with solely 5 minutes daily, in order that it’s seen as a ‘treat’ greater than a ‘toy’.)
What I Don’t Like So A lot About The Bristly Dog Toothbrush…
There are three issues that come to thoughts:
#1 – The toothpaste reservoir is such an excellent concept. However I’ll should discover a runnier canine toothpaste — as a result of the Enzymatic canine toothpaste that they like greatest is just too thick to stream down into the groove, so it simply stays close to the highest.
Enzymatic toothpaste accommodates an enzyme referred to as glucose oxidase that’s comprised of the identical fungus that produces penicillin. When glucose oxidase is within the presence of glucose and oxygen, it turns into antibacterial. The enzymes generate hydrogen peroxide that targets plaque and tartar. In contrast to human toothpaste, which can make your canine very unwell, enzymatic toothpaste doesn’t should be rinsed out of your canine’s mouth — she will safely swallow it. Dental illness is preventable with every day brushing with enzymatic toothpaste. The enzymes solely have to return into contact together with your canine’s tooth to offer safety from contaminated tooth, gum illness, ache and irritation. Supply
Oooh… you already know what would work nice as a snack and a toothpaste contained in the Bristly?… Kong Cheese Spray! It’s like Cheese Wiz for canine. The pressurized can ought to give it simply the increase it wants to slip down into the Bristly reservoir.
MY TIP: It’s also possible to unfold a skinny coat of canine toothpaste alongside the bristles — on the surface of the brushing stick. It’s a lot simpler to work the toothpaste into the bristles and let your canine take pleasure in it that method, as an alternative of making an attempt to pour canine toothpaste into the toothpaste reservoir.
#2 – It may be tough to wash canine toothpaste that may not be reached from the middle of the Bristly brushing stick.
My suggestion is to make use of a really slender consuming straw brush, or any lengthy & slender nylon bristle brush.
MY TIP: You don’t need to let your canine eat issues which might be previous, dried up, or expired. Dog toothpaste is available in a tube with a screw-on cap for a purpose: to maintain it recent. Its contents change when uncovered to air for too lengthy — and relying on the elements, it might make your canine sick. So be sure you clear the Bristly brushing stick inside hours of placing canine toothpaste (or different moist canine treats) inside it.
#three – I discovered this curious on the Bristly web site: “Provides more than 4 weeks of tooth brushing.”
I’m 100% constructive this canine toothbrush toy goes to final my canine for much longer than four weeks. And if not — if the bristles ought to uninteresting or fall off after that point — I’m 100% constructive that I’m not going to spend cash each four weeks to purchase a brand new Bristly to switch a worn out one.
Even when I deal with it solely as a ‘dog toothbrush’ (and never as a ‘dog chew toy’) — giving it to my canine day by day for less than 5 minutes to brush their tooth, then me cleansing it & placing it away till the subsequent day — it is going to certainly final for much longer than simply four weeks!
Maybe my canine merely haven’t used it lengthy sufficient or arduous sufficient to point out some critical put on but. I’ll publish updates right here at numerous time intervals — after ‘months’ of use.
The Backside Line…
As a lifelong canine proprietor, I can attest to the truth that this DIY canine toothbrush saves me a whole lot of time brushing my canine’ tooth. That’s a great factor, as a result of it’s not a chore that I — or they — take pleasure in very a lot.
As a result of I began brushing their tooth myself once they first entered our residence as tiny puppies, they’re truly used to the method they usually don’t wriggle an excessive amount of or squirm to get away — like most canine do. I feel they’re fantastic with having their tooth brushed as a result of they just like the flavors of the canine-pleasant toothpaste a lot!
However it’s nonetheless a clumsy course of to brush your canine’s tooth adequately your self. It’s simply not a pure, snug process (regardless that it does work) — as proven on this video:
Fortunately, now my canine are capable of clear their tooth themselves right here & there whereas chewing on the Bristly canine toothbrush toy — and I’ve to spend a lot much less time doing one-on-one tooth brushing with them. It’s a win-win for us all!
MY TIP: To make sure that your canine continues to need to brush their tooth frequently on their very own with the Bristly canine toothbrush toy, my suggestion is to both: 1) give it to your canine for less than 5 minutes every day (as Bristly recommends) OR 2) depart it out on your canine to chew on when they need, then take away the Bristly out of your canine’s play space for a number of days at a time earlier than reintroducing it once more (like I do). Each methods will forestall your canine from rising tired of it, they usually’ll be excited every time they get to chew on the Bristly brushing stick! It’s the identical technique mother and father use with youngsters’s toys. The concept is to rotate youngsters’ toys, in order that they’re always excited by “new” playthings as an alternative of feeling bored by seeing the very same toys on a regular basis.
I like to assist individuals discover distinctive methods to do issues in an effort to save time & cash — so I write about “outside the box” concepts that the majority wouldn’t consider. As a lifelong canine proprietor, I typically share my greatest ideas for dwelling with and coaching canine. I labored in Greater Ed over 10 years earlier than switching gears to pursue actions that I’m really keen about. I’ve labored at a vet, in a photograph lab, and at a zoo — to call a couple of. I benefit from the outdoor by way of bicycle, motorbike, Jeep, or RV. You possibly can all the time discover me on the nook of Good Information & Enjoyable Occasions as writer of The Enjoyable Occasions Information (32 enjoyable & useful web sites).